Tuesday, March 02, 2010

BEST OATS EVER!

I'm so excited. This morning's oatmeal seriously tops them all!

Allowed to soak overnight: 1/2 cup old fashioned oats + 1/2 cup skim milk

This mix was reheated for 30 seconds in the microwave today before 1 egg and 1 banana (in pieces) was added. Then it was microwaved for a 30 seconds, stirred, then 1 minute, stirred, and a final minute.

The egg got cooked (but you really can't taste it) and the banana turned to a sweet, sweet mushy goodness. It was so much sweeter this way!

Then a tablespoon of peanut butter and some cinnamon and ta-da!! It's aroung 470 kcal, which again is more than usual, but something about the added egg/old fashioned oats combo makes it stick around in my tummy so much longer. Usually I'm STARVED by lunch! I hate that, because then I tend to want to overeat.



I finished this off with some iced coffee and milk leftover from yesterday.

Oh, and here's my dinner from last night!

No comments:

Post a Comment