Monday, March 01, 2010

Eggies eggies eggies

OATMEAL!

Long story short: I have (or had) 4 eggs that will expire this week, and I did not get around to using them this week, so I needed a way to eat them!

So.. I put one in my oatmeal this morning!

1/2 cup oats + 1/2 cup skim milk left in fridge overnight covered..

then I added a raw egg this morning, and microwaved for 30 seconds, stirred, then 50 seconds, stirred, then 20 more and it was all cooked!

1 banana + 1 tbs pb + cinnamon + more milk (the egg made it almost solid) and we're ready to go. Yumi!

this is just the egg + milk + oats after cooking..

see the cooked egg whites??





At right around 500 calories, this is a pretty rich breakfast, but I need it to last me from 8-1 with a workout tossed into the mix. I hope it holds!

No comments:

Post a Comment