Sunday, April 25, 2010

Thoughts on Ecuador

Summer is coming SO. FAST. I will be done with my freshman year of college in less than two weeks. I still can hardly wrap my head around the fact of being a "college girl" much less a sophomore in college.

As I've been thinking about the summer, I was becoming more and more unsure of my decision to study in Ecuador. I'll miss the photo business, time with my family (and DOG!!!!), hanging out with friends, etc. A couple times I even wondered why the heck I'm doing this!

Just this morning, however, I was connected with a girl who also travelled to Ecuador. I know have two "facebook friends" that have gone. And let me tell you, after clicking through a few of their photos and journals, I am so excited to go. SO EXCITED. ¡Ahora nececito practicar mi espaƱol mucho!

If you're interested in reading some of the journals that have again convinced me how awesome this opportunity is, click here!

Now I need to get researching so I can figure out what I will need to buy and pack to get ready. I depart June 23 early in the morning- just a little more than eight weeks from today. Holy Cow.

And I still need to figure out what to do for a camera. I really want to leave with some truly beautiful photos that I can make huge prints of for my apartment. Maybe my SLR will be the answer?

1 comment:

  1. Ecuador here you come! I also loved the recyling pug, pretty keen.

    ReplyDelete