Saturday, December 19, 2009

Home

Home.

I can't exercise at much, I sleep more, and cook more.

I guess I'll have to wait until I get back to Pullman to really continue Jillian's recommended plan for me...

but here's what I've been eating that's still pretty healthy!

My peanut butter/chocolate chip oatmeal, but using old-fashioned oats. Surprisingly, I actually like the taste of my instant oats better!


IMG_4119

Here's a yogurt parfait I concocted.. 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (160 calories) + 1/2 cup frozen berries (35 calories) + 1/2 cup super-healthy-high-fiber cereal (100 calories) = super fun at only 295 calories.. heck this would even make a good dessert.
IMG_4124

This morning: oatmeal pancakes with real maple syrup and bananas! Success.

IMG_4126

Oatmeal Pancakes

Whisk together:
1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

Beat in separate bowl:
2 eggs
Stir in:
1 1/2 cups cooked oatmeal (about 1 cup uncooked)
1/2 cup milk
2 tablespoons melted butter

"Quickly stir this mixture into the dry ingredients."
Cook like normal pancakes.
(Joy of Cooking, page 646)
*I added 1/4 cup slightly crunched pecans to the batter for a little more holiday crunch*

No comments:

Post a Comment