Saturday, January 23, 2010

I heart my 8x8 pan :)

I also heart pictures.

Here is my day in food and photos:

my overnight oats the next morning. I had these before going to Zumba and abs blast.


I heated up my oatmeal bar in the microwave, and it tasted even better than usual. Plus the pear was ripe, sweet, and juicy. yumi.


Here's my batch of oatmeal bars for the next week! These are perfect to make. One thing I do is let them cool like this, then flip them over so the bottoms can 'dry out' and cool so they don't get soggy. Definitely do this- no one wants soggy oat bars.


Amidst my baking frenzy, I didn't realize it was time for a snack like I usually do! Here's my impromptu snack:  a banana with almond butter. Anther great food item; I really like almond butter.


And making dinner! I got some mushrooms from the salad bar, and needed to cook them. As it turns out- they cook AMAZINGLY in the microwave. Who knew?? One minute, stir, another minute, and you're good to go! Mine had little tiny bits of bacon stuck to them which added even more flavor. These go into the casserole I made..


As-you-like-it breakfast casserole (my style)

5 eggs
1 cup milk
1.5 cups cheddar cheese, grated
3 pieces whole wheat bread cubed
1/4 cup mushrooms (about that much)
1/8 cup bacon pieces (again, about that much)
Salt & Pepper to taste
Italian seasoning (found some in the kitchen- made a nice addition)

Beat the eggs in a big bowl. Add the milk and cheese. Stir. Add the bread, and mix carefully so the bread doesn't disintegrate. Then add the extras (mushrooms, bacon, salt, and pepper). Pour into a buttered 8x8 pan, sprinkle seasoning over the top. Bake at 350 for 50 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes, and then enjoy!! 

original recipe here


before & after




My dinner:



Evidence of today's success in the kitchen, and proof of my love for my new pan haha

1 comment:

  1. all that looks so good!! except the banana. but ill keep an open mind. good luck at the rec center today!!!!
    ily

    ReplyDelete