Saturday, January 30, 2010

Walking gets you shredded

..Well my feet at least. Seriously, if they could, I think my poor toes would stage a full-on mutiny of me :(

I treat them well, I really do. Good socks, nice shoes, lotion, you name it, I'll do it. That still, however, does not prevent them from blistering, aching, and just giving me grief. Urgh. This may be t.m.i. but there is a blister the size of Manhattan on my big toe. Ooh joy.

After looking at apartments, I hung out with a new friend and walked, and walked and walked (hence the whole foot-rebellion thing). It was great to get out in the nice weather. I think we were out for at least a couple hours, so that'll be my exercise for today. Tomorrow I'll be at the rec a bunch!

Discovery of the day: asparagus is not only yummy, but extremely low calorie, and a great replacement for french fries! They were serving fish and chips at northside today, but I had asparagus instead of the "chips." Great decision. And they're 5 calories per spear. 5 CALORIES!! hello?? and filling. woo hoo! That's my only veggie for today sadly.

For breakfast I had my signature oats+choc chips+peanut butter+banana+milk combo. This keeps me full so long- I love it! By the time lunch rolls around I'm only just hungry, never starved.

For lunch I made an almond butter sandwich with honey (Go make this now. It will change your life.), milk, and a juicy pear. Yum.

I'll be cooking tonight and posting pictures with that! Be prepared for more oatmeal bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment