Monday, January 18, 2010

MLK weekend

It's a good thing there aren't long weekends very often. If there were- I'd be broke! Oh wait.. I already am :/

About a week ago I invested in two sweet potatoes. After they sat around on my desk a while (seriously- what other college kid has sweet potatoes chilling in their room??), I baked one of them in the microwave, and ate it with a bit of cinnamon and butter. It was just okay- I probably needed to add more of both, but I was pressed for time.

With the second one I wanted to be more creative, but by this point in the weekend I was broke. I used what I had: my sweet potato, olive oil, salt and pepper. And I made sweet potato fries/disks/chips!!

I put the disks and olive oil in sandwich bag and mixed it all up!

Then I laid all the chips out on a cookie sheet and put on the salt and pepper. I went a little crazy with the pepper, but it tasted good!

I popped them in the oven at 405 degrees for about 10 minutes, then took out all of the smaller chips so they didn't burn, and I ate those ones!

About fifteen minutes later, the rest were ready.

Before:


After:

Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment