Thursday, September 16, 2010

And I quote..

.. my honors professor! As a member of the WSU Honors College, I have a certain number of honors classes I get to take before graduation. I say "get" instead of "have to" because all of them are so much fun. The topics are interesting, the professors truly care, and the class sizes are tiny (tiny I tell you!).

This semester, one of my classes (UH 380) is titled "Looking at Leadership Through the Eyes of the European Renaissance." We'll be reading Machiavelli and Shakespeare. Umm sign me up!

Anyhow, our professor is hilarious, and I have to share three awesome quotes from lecture today:

"To not appreciate man is to deny the greatness of God" (As related to how man thought during the renaissance, this isn't necessarily what my prof believes- we don't really get into that..)

"Going to Church doesn't mean you're Christian as much as being in a garage makes you a car."


"Knowledge is knowing that the tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing to not put it in your fruit salad."

The third one is definitely my fav :)

No comments:

Post a Comment