Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Oatmeal 101

Today's oats were possibly the best. Ever.

Oh, and this is post number 101!

How perfect!

But first, I must share the backstory to this bowl of delicious (and nutritious!) breakfast oats. There I was, minding my own business, reading through one of my mom's old Prevention magazine. I love this magazine to death, but that's another tangent. ANYHOW, in sed magazine, they recommended adding cocoa powder to something (I can't remember what) because 1 Tablespoon packs in 2 grams of fiber, awesome taste, and only 10 kcal. I do not need to be told twice to add chocolate to anything, so I knew that my oats the next morning would be some sort of chocolate-y goodness.

Now I take my dark chocolate very seriously. I also take my peanut butter and dark chocolate combinations seriously.

Enter dark chocolate + peanut butter oats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Oh goodness.

1/3 cup oats
1/3 cup skim milk
1/3 cup water
1 sliced up banana

Heat these all up on the stovetop (in a pan of course....) on medium until the oats start to bubble with excitement, then stir a bunch. Wait a few seconds more, let the oats continue to bubble, then stir, stir, stir!

Remove from heat, and stir in the following:

1 Tbs dutch unsweetened cocoa powder (the darker the better)
a sprinkle of cinnamon
about 1 Tbs peanut butter, blobbed on top like in the photo

Then take a photo, only one, because you won't be able to wait much longer to chow down on this puppy!

No comments:

Post a Comment