Saturday, September 18, 2010

Saturday Night Curry and Naan

Before:


After:


Tonight I made Vegetable Jalfrezi, an Indian-style curry from my beloved (see below) Jamie Oliver cookbook. Some of the ingredients are missing from the first photo, but you get the idea!


Here's the Recipe- it's online at Jamie's Website! I definitely recommend following his instructions; he describes how to make it perfectly, and I followed his instructions to the letter. However, the units he uses for some of the measurements need to be converted to cups and ounces, so here is the ingredient list using ounces and cups:

Vegetable Jalfrezi

1 medium onion
1 fresh red chile
a thumb-sized piece of fresh ginger
2 garlic cloves
a small bunch of fresh cilantro
2 red bell peppers
1 cauliflower
3 ripe tomatoes
1 small butternut squash
1 15oz can garbanzo beans
vegetable oil
unsalted butter
1/2 cup medium curry paste (such as Patak's), I used 1/4 cup of a hot curry paste and 1/4 cup of a mild curry paste, because the Co-op doesn't have any medium curry pastes.
2 14oz cans of diced tomatoes, or one 28 oz can works too
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
sea salt and freshly ground pepper (I actually didn't need either)
lemons
natural yogurt, I used greek!

Ahh this was sooo delish. It definitely took some time to make, but was well worth it. And now I have a ton of leftovers! Bonus!

Here's what I served with my curry:

lemon wedges, plain greek yogurt, and cilantro. .


NAAN!!!  Recipe found here.


And finally the curry was served on top of a bed of steamed, white rice with cilantro. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment