Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Easy Chick-peasey Hummus


Hummus! Ever since my mom mentioned it to me, I've been a-craving it, so I went ahead and made some for dinner.

Hummus
serves 4

1 15oz can Garbanzo beans, drained with the liquid reserved
1 clove garlic mashed or just cut up really small
2 tsp cumin (seems like a lot, is actually perfect)
1 Tbs olive oil
lemon juice
(1/4 tsp salt- optional)

Put all ingredients in blender. Blend. Mix by hand if necessary. Add some of the reserved bean liquid. EAT! I had mine with carrots, celery, and naan. Oh baby.


I tried freezing the naan- and it worked! I put them in slightly-greased freezer bags, and froze them so they weren't touching on another. As soon as they are frozen they can be touching in the bags and stacked. To cook, simply thaw, then fry with a little bit of olive oil in the cast iron. Amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment