Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Avocados + Me {A love story}

It is impressive how much my taste buds have matured these past few months. Seriously. Some of my new favorite foods (that I wouldn't touch before) include

-onions
-AVOCADOS!!
-broccoli
-peppers!
-cream cheese
-cottage cheese
-fish

and so on and so forth. wow.

Speaking of avocados, I got one from a hall spa day! We made avocado face masks, and there were some leftover avocados that hadn't been cut up yet. I grabbed one and ran. Okay, no, they gave me one, but still!

I sliced it on top of the last piece of egg casserole for dinner last night and saved the other half for today's lunch. Amazing!


Today's Breakfast Mission: use more pumpkin! I made a packet of instant oatmeal with 1/4 cup pumpkin, 10 chocolate chips, cinnamon, and a spoonful of almond butter. It was okay, not amazing, but not bad. It only came in at about 250-300 calories though, and I knew I'd need more than that to hold me through all of my morning classes. So I had a TINY bowl of cereal with milk!

Oatmeal! pretty.


Detail on the oatmeal. Now that I think about it, it was actually pretty good.


Lunch with leftover avocado is my favorite. I brought the avocado and my bread to lunch, and loaded my sandwich up with two small pieces of chicken (very small- for flavor), and a bunch of spinach and mushrooms for bulk and nutrients, but not too many calories! I also had some broccoli. 

The sandwich in process: note the layer of avocado, then mushrooms and chicken, then I add the spinach on top!



Ahh. Snack: mahi mahi fish tacos from Carlita's in the CUB. Apparently they're only 260 calories, so a good snack size, plus it helps get in fish for the week. They were packed full of lettuce, onions, and tomato pico de gallo with hot fish in the bottom and just a sprinkle of cheese on top. YUM.


And finally... Dinner! I'm rocking the apple with a muffin and cream cheese again. This is well on its way to becoming a favorite meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment