Wednesday, February 10, 2010

energy bars

Yesterday I had biology lab, and I usually get so hungry during them because I have lunch at noon, and then goes from three until after five. Too long for my tummy! I packed one of the "energy bar" things from my care package to give it a try.

I was thinking chocolate sounded yummy.




Prognosis: the idea of this bar is a good one (organic, chocolate covered, texture) but the raspberry flavor was very fake-y and made it taste weird. I definitely prefer my cool mint chocolate Cliff bars, but this was worth a try!

After lab, it was onto Zumba! I figured I should probably eat a little more so I would have oodles of energy for class, so I decided to try another energy bar. I know that two in a day is BAD but I usually only have these once or twice a week, so I figure doubling up one time really won't kill me.

Here's the second one I had:


This one was very yummy! And at 170 kcal, it has fewer calories than the normal bar which was nice. It tasted slightly like coconut, and I would definitely have it again. Yum.

Onto today! I rocked the chocolate/pb/oatmeal/banana combo that I love so much this morning. Then for lunch I had some fish with veggies and some sort of whole grain rice thing, it was very good too!

After all classes were finished, I went to Hillside to check out their fruit. They have the best selection on campus I have found, and boy was I happy when I saw what they had! Pears! Kiwis! Oranges!! Oh wow I bought them all. Take a look:


Yeah, I was pretty excited. The only fruit I didn't buy today is the banana.

No comments:

Post a Comment