Saturday, February 06, 2010

Orange You Glad it's Saturday!

I've been thinking of various ways to use up some of the items in my fridge before they go bad, so I revamped my previous eggie casserole.

What I came up with:
beat:
8 eggs
mix in:
about 2.25 cups shredded cheddar cheese
8 oz. cottage cheese
2 cups skim milk
s&p to taste
add and stir to coat:
5 pieces whole wheat bread, cubed
stir in:
about 1/8 cup spinach
about 1/2 cup broccoli
about 1/8 cup mushrooms
(all had been cooked in the microwave)
about 1/8 cup bacon pieces
sprinkle italian seasoning on top!

Pour into buttered 9X13 pan and bake at 350 for 50 minutes! Next time I might cook it a little longer, it was a little runnier than last time.

I actually really liked the spinach and broccoli taste in there. I think next time I want more spinach!

Los ingredientes:


In the pan!


final product:


It kind of stuck to the pan despite my buttering it first.. I think maybe I need more eggs next time to keep it firmer?

Still tasted AH-mazing though! 

 (only 309 calories per slice)

No comments:

Post a Comment