Sunday, February 14, 2010

Well I thought I was being lazy!

Now I look back on yesterday, though, I did finish a good chunk of homework, bake, clean and do laundry. Woot!

After my rather unhealthy lunch, I stayed on track the rest of the day. A pear and an oatmeal bar for a snack, no photo of the oatmeal bar though :(


After a couple hours my tummy was still rumbling so I had the rest of my greek yogurt (maybe 1/4-1/2 cup?) with a little bit of cereal for crunch. 



Then it was time for BAKING!! 

Ingredients:



Recipe (adapted from the one here) :

3/4-1 cup canned pumpkin puree
2 eggs
1/2 cup canola oil
1/3 cup water
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice

Butter and flour a 12-muffin pan, this took me quite a while because I didn't want them to stick! Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix together pumpkin, eggs, oil, water and sugar.

"Whisk together" flour, soda, salt and spices.

Add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture and stir until combined. Then spoon into the muffin pan. I made exactly 12 muffins!

Bake for 45-50 minutes, check with a wooden toothpick to see if they're done (if you have one).

Before baking:




Waiting for the oven to preheat. See my peanut butter and honey sandwich? That was dinner!


After baking! These smelled soooo good. Everyone walking through the lounge would make comments about it :)


They all came right out of the pan- no knives or anything needed. Yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment