Sunday, February 28, 2010

Breakfasts of the Weekend

I want to devote a single post to the cooking of yesterday, so I'll put the two breakfasts from the weekend in this one!

Yesterday I tried something new. I keep reading how instant oats really aren't comparable to their whole counterparts, but there is no way I'm going to go downstairs and cook oatmeal in the dorm kitchen for breakfast.

What I did: mixed 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats with 1/2 cup skim milk and let sit covered in the fridge overnight. The next morning I put it in one of my bowls, microwaved it at 20 and 30 second intervals stirring after every time, until they were all warm and slightly puffy! This was about 1-2 minutes, so not too long. Then I stirred in a banana and added a Tbs. peanut butter on top!

Can you see the whole oat-y goodness??


This morning I went back to an old favorite: greek yogurt, banana, and cereal. Good as usual!


After breakfast this morning I tackled some Spanish homework then did level 2 of the SHRED!

My face after..


{eek}

No comments:

Post a Comment